About Me

My photo
Patna, Bihar, India
Born and brought up in Shillong, Meghalaya.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Son of a foreman becomes top rank IFS officer

By Mudassir Rizwan, TwoCircles.net,

Since his childhood he had dreamt high though he comes from a humble family – father a foreman and mother housewife. This Jharkhand youth who was born in the united Bihar 27 years ago wanted to become doctor. He has become Indian Forest Service officer with flying colors – he has secured No. 1 position in the IFS Exam 2010.

High dream

“Everyone has a dream to be a doctor, an engineer or something else. I also had a dream to be a doctor but time changed my dream when I did not pass medical entrance exam,” role model Shaba Alam Ansari tells TwoCircles.net.



Shaba Alam Ansari


The Union Public Service Commission on 21st Feb. 2011 announced the result of IFS Exam 2010. Shaba Alam Ansari has topped the list of 85 successful candidates.

Ansari hails from Dhanbad district in Jharkhand. His father Mohd Shamim works as a foreman in BCCL, Dhanbad, and mother is a homemaker. He has three sisters and a youngest brother.

Education

Ansari has done his schooling in his home district. Giving details about his education to TCN he says: “I have done my schooling from DAV Public School, Dhanbad, graduation in (Forestry) from Sirsi, Karnataka and M.Sc. in (Wood Science and Technology) at Forest Research Institute, Dehradun, Uttarakhand.”

Financial obstacles

As he does not come from a rich family, he had to face financial problems in pursuing education but he offers gratitude to his parents who were all help to him. “We had financial problem but my father and mother didn’t get me feel any tension,” says Ansari.



Shaba Alam Ansari at work at APP Timber


Inspiration

After completing his education, he got his first job at a timber trading company APP Timber where he worked for 2 years. He left the job for four months for preparation for IFS, Ansari added.

“After B.Sc. in Forestry this was the best option for me that’s why I decided to do IFS. My seniors and friends encouraged me to try for IFS,” he says. For the big success, he gives credit to “my father, mother, teachers and friends.”


Attached to roots

Even while flying high he is deeply attached to his roots. He regularly donates for an orphanage in his home district. “I always do charity for Orphans. In Putki area of Dhanbad there is an orphanage. I donate it some money every month.”

Ansari’s message

“I want to say that whatever you do just keep your mother and father in your mind.”

Shah Faisal of Kashmir had topped IAS in 2010. Shaba Alam Ansari has bagged the high cap in IFS in 2011. Both are great news of inspiration for the Muslim youth in the country.

No comments: